And the Winner Is…
At our Opening Reception & Award Ceremony in Hensville Park on October 9, TFAS awarded $4400 in prizes, including the Kingston Healthcare Purchase Award for an outstanding artwork to become part of the Toledo Federation of Art Societies Collection, joining over 70 years of outstanding Toledo-regional art, as well as the Founders Best of Show award, generously sponsored by the original members of TFAS: Toledo Museum of Art, Athena Art Society and The Tile Club of Toledo
The following prizes were awarded:
- The Kingston Healthcare Purchase Award – $1,500 – sponsored by Kingston Healthcare Company / Young Beauty by Aaron S. Bivins
- Founders Best of Show Award – $1,000 – sponsored by TFAS founders: Toledo Museum of Art, Athena Art Society and The Tile Club of Toledo / Rocked It by Chelsea Younkman
- Carol Block First Award – $750 – sponsored by William Block, Jr.; Jeannie Dennler; Mary Fedderke; Susan Horvath and Sandra Migani-Wall / Debutante in Waiting by Timothy Tyree
- UT / BGSU Second Award – $500 – sponsored by Bowling Green State University and The University of Toledo / Dreamscape by Ellen Loeffler-Kalinoski
- The Arts Commission Third Award – $250 – sponsored by The Arts Commission (Greater Toledo) / Touch of Reality by Kay Weprin
- 4 Honorable Mentions – $100 each – sponsored by Douglas Adams-Arman, David Gierke, Stephen Johnston, Lake Erie Leadership Development / Rhododendron maximum (Wild Rhododendron) by Ruth Foote, Seed Dreams by Margaret Lockwood-Lass, Crucible Series: Stella by Tom Marino, Sacraments of the Sick II by Anastasia Wagner
This exhibition is made possible by the generous contributions of local businesses and individuals, as well as fellow member organizations – Click to view our Exhibit Sponsors Page.
Voting for the $50 Community Choice Award continues through noon, November 6 and the winner will be announced on November 7. Votes may be cast in-person at 20 North Gallery, or online through the 20 North & TFAS websites (One vote per email address.) Click here to vote online!
In keeping with the original 1917 intent of the Federation’s regional juried show, all exhibited artwork is for sale.
Click here to download the updated TFAS100+3 exhibit price list, with thumbnail images of all the exhibited artwork.
View the exhibition in person:
The TFAS100+3: Juried Members’ Exhibit will be on display at 20 North Gallery through December 26, 2020. 20 North Gallery is open Wed. – Sat. from noon to 4p.m. by call-ahead appointment. Please allow 15 minutes from the time of your call until the start of your appointment – to provide time to sanitize the gallery prior to your visit.
A printed exhibition catalogue has been created for TFAS100+3, including images of all the accepted artwork and a listing of all award winners, artists and exhibition information. This 96-page, bound catalogue is available for sale at 20 North Gallery during the exhibition; price $20.
TFAS permanent collection-branded merchandise (notecards and coffee mugs) are also available for sale in the gallery during the run of the show. Proceeds of these sales support TFAS’ mission-based programming and maintenance of the TFAS collection.
TFAS 100+3: Juried Members’ Exhibit is a new project of the Toledo Federation of Art Societies (TFAS). TFAS was established in 1917 with the mission to unite area arts organizations, promote area artists, and maintain a permanent collection of Toledo area artists’ work. TFAS is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit entity under the Nonprofit Corporation Law of the Ohio Revised Code.
20 North Gallery’s regular exhibition hours are Wednesday—Saturday, from noon to 4 p.m. Currently, the gallery is open by call-ahead appointment during those times.